Are there any grants available to help me pay for cleaning up my property?

The Firesafe Council has provided a special needs assistance program in the past and is currently working on securing funds for a future program.  Updates will be posted here and at their website 

The Nevada County Resource Conservation District has some programs for larger property owners that can help offset vegetation mitigation costs.  Find info on their website here:  Additionally 211 is a free service that can connect you to community resources and services that may be appropriate for your situation. Dial 2-1-1 or 1-833-DIAL211 for assistance. 

Show All Answers

1. What are the defensible space laws?
2. There are areas of concern in my neighborhood. What is the best way to remedy them?
3. I’ve tried talking to neighbors and working with Firewise Communities to create change but it isn’t working. Where can I report a concerning property? Can someone force them to fix it?
4. I’m a renter and my landlord is not managing the property. What should I do?
5. Where can I dispose of green waste?
6. Are there any grants available to help me pay for cleaning up my property?
7. What is permissible at the green waste drop sites?
8. Can I get a schedule of planned large clearing projects?
9. Where can I get materials for my home to make it more fire-resistant?
10. How can I find out if I’m in a Firewise Community or learn how to start one?
11. What are the building codes for vents?
12. Are there local community emergency exercises?
13. What has been the County’s community outreach effort?
14. Does the County have a wildfire plan?
15. Is there a local wildfire task force?