I have a swarm/nest of bees, who can help me?

The Nevada County Beekeepers Association will man the "Honeybee Hotline" where the public can report incidents of honeybee swarms. People sighting a swarm of honeybees may call the hotline at 530-675-2924 for a qualified beekeeper to retrieve and remove the swarm. Note this service is ONLY for HONEYBEES and DOES NOT include yellow jackets, bumblebees, hornets, or wasps.

To call the Honeybee Hotline, dial 530-675-2924 and leave a message if necessary. If there is no response within four hours the alternate number is 530-265-3756.

Show All Answers

1. I have a large garden that produces more than I can use. Can I sell the excess?
2. What is required for selling to a restaurant or retail outlet like a grocery store?
3. Do I need to register my farm?
4. I use all natural products and sustainable methods in my farming, can I market my produce as organic?
5. What do I need to sell eggs?
6. I want to sell my produce at a certified farmers market, what do I need?
7. Can I sell jam or other processed foods?
8. If there is no seal on the device, how do I know if it is accurate?
9. Can any scale be used or does it have to be a special scale?
10. What is “tare”?
11. Do you investigate complaints?
12. How do I know if I’m getting a full cord of wood?
13. How often do you check gas stations and fuel quality?
14. Do you test utility meters?
15. Are there fees for services?
16. I am having a problem with mosquitoes, who deals with them? Where can I get mosquito fish?
17. I found an injured bird or animal, who deals with them?
18. I have a problem with skunks/raccoons/beavers on my property. What can I do?
19. Where do I go if I have found a tick and want it tested for Lyme’s Disease?
20. I have a swarm/nest of bees, who can help me?
21. I have a noise/smell complaint.