McCourtney Road Transfer Station will be accepting treated wood waste starting on Wednesday March 24th.
Please read below requirements before bringing your treated wood load in:
• The treated wood cannot be comingled with any other material including untreated wood
• All those transporting treated wood must carry with them a shipping document and submit the same on arrival to Waste Management Staff.
• Treated wood loads should also be labeled during transport.
• Those without the shipping document will have to provide all the information upon arrival to WM staff. This information is required to be provided by Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC).
• All transporters of treated wood must have applied for and received a variance from DTSC. WM will not reject customers who do not have a variance but WM is required to report this information to DTSC by law.
• Residential customers with a load of 50 lbs. or less are exempt and will not require a variance
• For more information visit https://dtsc.ca.gov/treated-wood-waste-variances/