Can I talk to Katharine L. Elliott? I think she is the person who is working on my case.

Ms. Elliott is the County Counsel and her name appears on all the documents filed by any attorney in the office. The person most familiar with your case is usually the attorney who actually signed the document. That person’s name appears beneath Ms. Elliott’s name at the top of the document and again beneath the signature itself. If you believe you must speak to an attorney in our office concerning your matter, it is that person to whom you should speak. However, if you are represented by an attorney, all contact should be through your counsel.

Show All Answers

1. Can I get free legal advice from County Counsel?
2. I have suffered personal injury or property damage which I believe was caused by the County or one of its employees. Can I make a claim?
3. Who can "Accept Service?"
4. Can I talk to Katharine L. Elliott? I think she is the person who is working on my case.
5. I want to look at some County records. Can I get them from County Counsel?
6. Can the County Counsel’s Office help me obtain a domestic violence restraining order?
7. I have a court case, but have not been notified of the hearing by mail. Can you tell me when my hearing is scheduled?
8. I have received a notice to report for jury duty, but cannot attend. Can I reschedule my jury duty obligation through the County Counsel’s Office?
9. I would like assistance in collecting child support. Can County Counsel help?
10. I have a question about a Family Law matter, can you answer it?
11. I am the victim of a crime, who should I notify?
12. Where can I get legal forms?
13. Does your office handle conservatorships or probate matters?
14. What department can help me with questions about building and zoning permits, code violations, and other similar matters?
15. Where can I find the most current marijuana cultivation ordinance information?