Today, the Nevada County Planning Department released the staff report on the proposed Idaho Maryland Mine – Rise Grass Valley Project for the May 10th Planning Commission Public Hearing.
At the May 10th Public Hearing, the Planning Commission will hear public comments before making a recommendation to the Board of Supervisors on the proposed project.
Following the Planning Commission’s recommendation, a Board of Supervisors Public Hearing will be scheduled no sooner than August 2023 to consider the recommendation and all public and agency comments received during the application process.
Public Hearing Details
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023, from 9 am-5 pm. The Public Hearing may be continued to May 11, 2023, beginning at 9 am. Members of the public who wish to address the Planning Commission should attend the May 10th meeting as there may not be a second day of hearings on May 11th.
- Eric Rood Administration Center Board of Supervisor Chambers, located at 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City.
- View online on Nevada County’s YouTube Channel.
How to Participate
- All community members will be given the opportunity to address the Planning Commission. Each speaker will be given up to three minutes of public comment.
- To provide public comment, grab a number from Planning staff outside the Supervisors’ Chambers. Public comment numbers will be provided on a first come first serve basis beginning at 8:30 am.
- Speakers will provide public comment to the Planning Commission in the Supervisors’ Chambers in groups of ten.
- Email to email@example.com. Must be received no later than 5:00 pm on May 9, 2023.
- Mailed to the Nevada County Planning Department at 950 Maidu Ave, Suite 170, Nevada City, Ca 95959. Must be received no later than 5:00 pm on May 9, 2023.
- Submit by eComment before the close of the Planning Commission Public Hearing.
- Submit printed and written copies of your comment directly to the Planning Commission Clerk at the Planning Commission Public Hearing.
Parking and Transit
- Carpooling is encouraged as parking is limited.
- Nevada County Connects transit system is offering free fares on May 10th and May 11th. Plan your transit ride at www.NevadaCountyConnects.com.
- Cousin’s Maine Lobster, Thai Chic Street Food, and Sweeney’s Weenies food trucks will be available on May 10th from 11 am - 2 pm to provide food and drinks for purchase as the County Café at the Eric Rood Administration Center is currently closed.
Where to Find Project Documents
Interested residents are encouraged to subscribe for updates and view the project’s planning process and timeline on the website at www.NevadaCountyCA.gov/IMMRise. If you have questions about the Planning Commission Public Hearing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.