Mark your calendars for the afternoon of Tuesday, October 4th, and come to Nevada County Public Health’s free drive-thru flu shot clinic! The clinic is for adults and children 3 years of age and older and will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the parking lot of Twin Cities Church at 11726 Rough and Ready Highway in Grass Valley.
The purpose of this drive-thru is to practice and evaluate response levels and preparedness of Public Health staff and community partners in the event of a large communicable disease outbreak or public health emergency. Public participation is essential to making this event a success, so please come join us and help fight flu!
Here are a few tips to ensure you have a safe and easy visit:
- Wear clothing that allows easy access to your upper arms
- Drive-thru event only - no walk-ups, please
- All occupants in your car must wear a face covering (3 and older)
- We’ll welcome participants until 4:00 or until we run out of vaccine – whichever comes first.
- Unfortunately, high-dose senior vaccines not available.
For more information or questions please call 530.265.7265. For more information about the flu vaccine and why you should get it, please visit www.cdc.gov/flu/.