Accessing Services Remotely
- Visit BenefitsCal.com to apply online, upload documents, renew benefits, or report changes
- Call 530-265-1340 if you have questions about your case or need to request a new BIC or EBT card
- Call 1-877-328-9677 to check your EBT balance
- All Medi-Cal renewals are waived until June 2023 at the earliest. You will receive a renewal packet in the mail when it is time for your renewal - to update your mailing address, please call 530-265-1340
- Employment Services orientation can be completed online.
Medical coverage is available for individuals and families through programs including Medi-Cal and the County Medical Services Program (CMSP).
CalFresh (Food Stamps)
CalFresh is a federal program that provides monthly food benefits to assist low-income households in purchasing the food they need to maintain adequate nutritional levels.
Cash Assistance for Families
CalWORKs is a temporary financial assistance and employment services program for low or no income families in California.
Cash Assistance for Individuals
General Assistance is a supplemental assistance program for those persons who are ineligible for cash aid under federal or state programs.
Nevada County Employment Services (Welfare-to-Work) assists families receiving CalWORKs Cash Assistance in becoming self-sufficient.
Find local housing resources.
CalFresh Emergency Allotments Are EndingCalFresh Emergency Allotments have provided an additional $95+ in benefits each month to every CalFresh household since March 2020. These benefits are ending due to a change at the federal level - the last Emergency Allotment will be issued in March 2023. Learn More
Youth Job Corps helps job seekers 16 to 30 years old with employment readiness and paid internshipsThe new Youth Job Corps program is open to anyone from 16 to 30 years old. The program will help you build your resume while addressing our community's urgent needs, and will provide a paycheck while you participate! Learn More
Apply For Or Manage Your Benefits Online At BenefitsCal.ComBenefitsCal.com is a new website for customers to apply for and manage their food, cash aid, and medical benefits. The site has replaced the C4Yourself website and mobile app. Learn More
The mission for Public Assistance under the Department of Social Services (DSS) is opening doors, building community, and being of service to County citizens needing social, eligibility, or employment and training services.