Supervisor District 1
District 1 includes Nevada City and the unincorporated areas of Banner Mountain, Cascade Shores, Deer Creek, and the Highway 174 corridor. Use the interactive map above to explore District 1.
Supervisor Heidi Hall
District 1 is represented by Supervisor Heidi Hall, who began her first term in January of 2017. Supervisor Hall's current four-year term began in January 2021. She served as Board Chair in 2020.
View a list of District 1 Supervisors, from 1856 to the present.
Committees & Commissions
- California State Association of Counties Board of Directors (CSAC)
- Agriculture, Environment, Natural Resources Committee, Co-Chair, 2021-Present
- Broadband Task Force, 2020-Present
- Cannabis Working Group, 2022
- Nevada County Representative, 2021-Present
- CivicWell (formerly Local Government Commission), Treasurer/Secretary, 2019-Present
- Mental Health and Substance Use Advisory Board, 2017-Present
- National Association of Counties (NACo)
- Nevada County Representative, 2020-Present
- Public Lands Steering Committee, 2021-Present
- Resilient Counties Advisory Board - Vice Chair, 2022
- Rural Action Caucus (RAC) - Member, 2022
- Public Lands Steering Committee (Payments Subcommittee) - Subcommittee Vice Chair, 2022
- Nevada County Sanitation District #1 Board of Directors
- Sierra Nevada Conservancy Board/Central Sierra Subregional (Representative)
- Yuba River Public Safety Cohort, 2017-Present
- Agency on Aging Area 4 Governing Board, 2017-2021
- Fire Safe Council of Nevada County, 2017-2022
- Mountain Counties Water Resources Association
- Cannabis Working Group, 2019-2020
- First Five Nevada County Children and Families First Commission, 2019
- Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Ad Hoc Subcommittee, 2021
- Remote Access Network Committee, 2020
- Solid & Hazardous Waste Commission, 2021-2022
Supervisor Hall's Priorities
Each year, the Board of Supervisors adopts a set of objectives to guide county operations, programs, and services. Learn more about Supervisor Hall's work on these and other priorities below.
Equitably expand broadband to support economic development, distance-learning, telework, telemedicine, and general quality of life for all residents by championing the implementation of Nevada County Broadband Strategy Plan policies and last-mile infrastructure projects.
Supervisor Hall advocates for the interests of rural counties on the California State Association of Counties' (CSAC) Broadband Taskforce.
Lead the community in all-hazards planning, preparedness, response, and recovery with a focus on wildfire.
- Letter to Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara on Fire Insurance
- Go to ReadyNevadaCounty.org for tips and information on emergency preparedness and response
Cannabis Compliance & Equity
Maintain and continue to improve the cannabis permitting and enforcement program to promote permitted cannabis activities while investigating options for additional license types related to larger cultivation area and micro-businesses.
- Nevada County to Review Cannabis Equity (The Union, June 26, 2020)
- California Cannabis Equity Grants Program Provides $30 Million in Grant Funding for Local Jurisdictions, including Nevada County (Yubanet, April 21, 2020)
- Heidi Hall: High Time for Cannabis Common Sense (The Union, February 16, 2015)
- See GoodtoGrowNevadaCounty.org for information on Nevada County's cannabis compliance programs
In partnership with community providers and other jurisdictions, utilize housing first and continue efforts to prevent homelessness, provide emergency shelter, expand supportive services, secure housing, and enhance coordination to address the needs of the homeless population and to mitigate impacts on the community.
- In 2017, Supervisor Hall formed the Homelessness Process Improvement Group, whose recommendations were included in the county's 2018 Homeless Services Plan.
- If you are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of losing your home, please contact 211 Connecting Point by calling 2-1-1 or 1-833-DIAL211.
- Learn about the Coordinated Entry process to ensure that all people experiencing a housing crisis have fair and equal access to services
Coordinate with local jurisdictions, developers, and other partners to facilitate the development of and access to affordable and workforce housing development.
- News: Cashin's Field Is One Step Closer to New Workforce Housing
- Supervisor Hall's support for Cashin's Field affordable housing development
- Learn more about current housing development projects on our Housing Development page
Racial Equity & Social Justice
Supervisor Hall serves on the Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee, a collaboration with all three Nevada County cities/townships to develop a board resolution with our vision and actions to address local challenges with racial justice and equity.
- Supervisor Hall's invitation to local leaders to serve on an ad hoc committee addressing racial equity in Nevada County
Outdoor Recreation & Trails
Supervisor Hall works to support and advance recreational opportunities in our community while protecting the natural resources in our region.
Supervisor Hall co-leads the Yuba River Public Safety Cohort to coordinate efforts between the many agencies that manage public safety in the Yuba River corridor.
- Letter to Congressional Delegation: Resources Needed to Mitigate Recreational Impacts on Public Lands in Nevada County
- Letter of support for the Pines to Mines Trail linking Nevada City and Truckee with an approximately 80-mile multiuse, non-motorized trail that will span the Sierra Nevada
- Learn more about Outdoor Recreation in Nevada County
Public Health & COVID-19 Response
As Chair of the Board of Supervisors in 2020, Supervisor Hall helped lead the County through the Cornonavirus pandemic.
- County Health Executives Association of California names Supervisor Hall a Public Health Hero for her leadership during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Heidi Hall: Personal Responsibility and Care for Our Community Will Lead the Way (Yubanet, December 17, 2020)
- Go to our Coronavirus page for information on testing, vaccination, and support for individuals and businesses
The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is an annual observance adopted by the United Nations General Assembly to promote the full and equal access and participation of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields. Learn More
Celebrate the 12 days of Holiday Cheer as Nevada County Connects offers free fares on all routes from December 17th until the end of the year! It’s our gift to you for the holidays. Learn More
Nevada County’s Building Director Craig Griesbach shared with me a special experience he had while working to address green waste cleanup needs around the county: “This past month, I met a disabled veteran and his neighbor in Cascade Shores..." Learn More