Mission StatementThe Nevada County Probation Department, as an integral part of the Justice System, improves public safety by serving the courts and providing evidenced based practices and interventions.
Description of ServicesThe Probation Department is responsible for the administration of the adult and juvenile divisions for intake and supervision services, alternative custody programs, Juvenile Hall, and victim witness services. Additionally the Probation Department supervises all offenders on various specialty court caseloads, such as Adult and Juvenile Mental Health courts, Adult and Juvenile Drug Courts.
The Probation Department is charged with performing mandated tasks, such as:
- Advocacy for the rights and financial claims of crime victims and witnesses
- The disposition of all law enforcement referrals for juvenile offenders
- Providing all investigative and report services to the courts
- The safe and lawful detention of minors placed into custody by the courts and law enforcement agencies
- Supervision of offenders placed on probation and released into the community