Film Permits

Movies, TV, or Still Photography

A County Film Permit is required for use of County property or public rights-of-way for the purpose of filming for commercial motion pictures or television, or taking commercial still photography.

Additional requirements apply when filming is to occur on a County road or State highway. Please review carefully the terms and conditions on page two of theIGS Film Permit Application.  Upload insurance and other documents that apply to the film permit.

If your filming request will occur within the Town of Truckee limits, the Town has their own Truckee Special Event Application for you to complete. 


The following are exempt from this requirement:

  • Charitable films
  • Filming for non-commercial use or where the project budget is less than $25,000
  • News media