Annual Road Rehabilitation Projects
This 5-year road maintenance and rehabilitation plan will resurface or repave roads throughout Nevada County. Roads are selected and prioritized based on the County’s Pavement Management System to ensure revenues are being used on the most high-priority and cost-effective projects that also meet the community’s priorities for transportation investment. The plan includes various potential pavement preservation and replacement techniques. Work to be done includes asphalt overlays, micro surfacing, a/c dike installation, striping, and other repairs as necessary.
Work is to begin June 12th through August 10th, 2023.
Roads Affected by the Project
- Dog Bar Road between Alta Sierra Drive and Mount Olive Road, Grass Valley
- Dog Bar Road between Morning Sun Lane and Magnolia Road, Grass Valley
- Carrie Drive between Gary Way and Dog Bar Road, Grass Valley
- Bobcat Court, Grass Valley
- Cougar Court, Grass Valley
- Gold Country Drive, Penn Valley
Please be prepared for up to 20-minute delays from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday through Friday due to one-lane traffic controls. Motorists will have access throughout construction, and message boards will be placed 72 hours before construction to allow residents to plan accordingly.
|Week 1: 6/12 - 6/16
The project was awarded to Knife River Construction. The Construction team commenced this week on our 2023 Road Rehabilitation project. We find our first week ending on schedule as planned.
|Week 2: 6/19 - 6/23
|Week 2 will have construction continuing along Dog Bar Road between Alta Sierra and Mount Olive Road and between Magnolia Rd and Morning Sun Lane as well as continued construction on Carrie Drive.
|Week 3: 7/3 - 7/7
|Week 3 the contractor finished paving and surfacing all the roadways included in the 2023 Road Rehabilitation Project. Check out the video or get out and drive the brand new roadway on Dog Bar Road.
The contractor will be returning to Dog Bar Road, Magnolia Road, and Carrie Drive to:
|Week 4: 7/10 - 7/14
|Week 4 wrapped up the project. The vendor added striping and installed recessed markers. The final small items were completed on July 20, 2023.
This project is complete for the Summer of 2023.
- Nevada County Public Works Facebook
- Sign up for the County’s weekly newsletter to stay informed of project milestones and progress.
- Nevada County Department of Public Works - Engineering Division (530) 265-1411
- Submit a road maintenance request to report drainage concerns, potholes, and more at www.NevadaCountyCA.gov/ServiceRequest.
Trisha TillotsonAgency DirectorPhone: 530-265-1222
Community Development Agency
950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 170
PO Box 599002
Nevada City, CA 95959-7902
950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 170 PO Box 599002 Nevada City CA 95959-7902
Phone 530-265-1222Fax 530-478-5799
Monday - Friday
Open from 8-5pm
CDA New Project Submittals: 8-3:30pm
Appointments are available. Book an appointment.