We are currently planning our Spring 2023 Citizen's Academy. Check back soon for more information.
If you have questions or would like to receive information on our upcoming session, please send us an email.
About Citizen's Academy
Nevada County's Citizen’s Academy provides community members with a behind-the-scenes look at local government operations and the diverse services the County provides to support a healthy, safe, and vibrant community. This free ten-week program covers topics from Information Technology to Public Safety.
Classes takes place on consecutive Monday evenings (excluding holidays) each year. There is no cost to participate, and a simple meal is provided at each in-person session.
For more information on Citizen's Academy, take a look at the Citizen's Academy Brochure (PDF)
If you have questions, please email the County Executive Office or call us at 530-265-7040.
You can find information and content from previous Citizen's Academy sessions below:
- Session 1: Introduction to County Government (PDF)
- Session 2: County Finance (PDF)
- Session 3: Information and General Services and Emergency Services (PDF)
- Session 4: Community Development Agency (PDF)
- Session 5: Public Safety (PDF)
- Session 6: Geographic Information Services and Library (PDF)
- Session 7: Behavioral Health and Public Health (PDF)
- Session 8: Health and Human Services (PDF)
- Session 9: Probation, Public Defender, and District Attorney (PDF)
- Session 10: Board of Supervisors (PDF)