Are you a CalWORKS recipient?
Are you pregnant or have a child up to the age of 24 months?
Sign up for Brilliant Beginnings to get one-on-one visits from Nevada County Public Health Nurses. Brilliant Beginnings visitors can offer developmental screenings, resource referrals, and other support to help your child learn, grow, and realize their full potential!
The Brilliant Beginnings home visiting program offers support with:
- Prenatal and Postpartum self-care
- Safe infant sleeping
- Referrals to community resources
- Household infant care and safety
- Access to safety equipment (such as a car seat or crib)
- Access to limited health supplies (such as diapers and wipes)
- Chestfeeding and infant nutrition
- Increasing children's school readiness and success
- Early detection of developmental delays and/or health concerns
- Increasing parental knowledge of early childhood development and improve parenting practices
Brilliant Beginnings is only available for CalWORKS eligible families.
If you would like to know more about CalWORKS program or to apply online, please visit our CalWORKS webpage.
For questions in regard to this program or eligibility please call (530)265-1491