Nevada County Recorder maintains the Marriage records for those marriage licenses that were purchased in Nevada County.
Who May Receive a Copy
California Health and Safety Code Section 103526, permits only authorized persons as defined on the Online Application to receive certified copies for Identification purposes of birth and/or death records. Senate Bill 1614, Chapter 712 passed, which prohibits the display of vital records indexes on the Internet.
Those who are not authorized by law may receive a certified copy with the words "Informational, Not a Valid Document to Establish Identity’.
Order a Certified Copy of a Vital Record
There are four methods to order a copy of a vital record filed in Nevada County, California:
- Requests made in person at Nevada County Recorder’s Office must have the Application Form (PDF) completed before coming into the office.
- Mail the completed and notarized Application Form (PDF) along with a check or money order, made payable to Nevada County Recorder:
Nevada County Recorder
950 Maidu Avenue
Nevada City, California 95959
- Order the copy using your credit card by faxing the completed and notarized Application Form (PDF)(s) to 530-265-9842. Then call 530-265-1221 to provide credit card information. Additional $2.00 credit card fee
- Order online through Permitium
* An additional Non-Refundable $4 Convenience and Credit Card Processing Fee will be applied to all online orders
* An additional Non-Refundable $0.35 “Vital Verify” fee will be applied to all Delivery orders
- Marriage Record $17 per certified copy
- Additional $3.00 shipping and handling (For mailed and faxed Applications)
State Vital Records Office