A Marriage License must be purchased prior to your ceremony
- Cost to obtain your Marriage License $72
- It takes about 30 minutes for the license to be issued
Information Required on Marriage License Application
- Complete legal name of each party obtaining the marriage license
- If previously married, need month, day and year of dissolution/death/annulment (to the best of your knowledge)
- Need Parents' full names (Mother's maiden name)
- Need Parents' state / country of birth
Start Your Marriage License Process
Print Name Equality Act of 2007 Form (PDF).Please sign and date the form. This must be submitted when you come in to get your marriage license.
Complete Online Application Save the confirmation number from your online application.
Bring confirmation number and Valid Government photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport to Recorder's Office.
1) Both unmarried applicants must be present
2) Both must have Valid Government photo identification, such as a driver's license or passport
3) Blood tests are no longer required as of January 1, 1995
4) Applicants must be 18 years and older. If either party is under 18, you must contact the Juvenile Probation Department at 530-265-1300.
After the license is issued, it can be used immediately. You must be married by an authorized person.
You must be married within 90 days of the date the license was issued and you must be married anywhere in the State of California.