Truckee Building Permit Clearance
Building Permit Clearance Requirements for Town of Truckee
If your parcel is within the Town of Truckee, you may need a Building Permit Clearance if you are on a septic system or have a well. If you are increasing parcel coverage by way of any of the following:
- Changing the original footprint of the home (additions, decks, patios)
- Adding or changing any accessory structures (Additional Dwelling Units, garages, storage buildings, carports, pools)
- For more information on ADU's and Junior ADU's, please refer to our TOT ADU & JADU Sewage Disposal Information Handout
- Changing the number of bedrooms (additions, remodels)
- Commercial facilities with retail food or food service or that store/generate Hazardous Materials.
*When applying for a building permit with the Town of Truckee, please provide an additional site plan with the septic system accurately shown for the Nevada County Department of Health to conduct the review as smoothly as possible.
Application and Payment for Building Clearance
You will have to complete the Building Clearance Application and pay a fee, see below.
- To fill out the Town of Truckee Building Clearance Application Packet, please save the form to your computer, fill out ALL sections, save again and email it back to NCDEH.email@example.com.
- We charge a one-hour minimum fee of $218.37, instructions for payment will be provided once a completed TOT Building Clearance Application Packet has been received.
Environmental Health Satellite Office Public Hours
- Hours and Times: Tuesday and Thursday 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4 pm
- Location: Town of Truckee Building and Safety Division Office, 10183 Truckee Airport Road
For further assistance please contact the Nevada County Environmental Health Department satellite location in the Town of Truckee at (530)582-2460 NCDEH.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sustainable Groundwater Management Act
The California Department of Water Resources has put together the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) that provides annual monitoring data and conditions of the Martis Valley Groundwater Basin.
This includes water levels, groundwater extractions, surface water conditions, groundwater recharge from imported wastewater, measured and estimated total water use, and groundwater storage change estimates.