Apply for Permits Online

Fee Schedule

Review the fee schedule for the Environmental Health Department and other departments in the Community Development Agency.

Public Records Request

Submit a public records request from Environmental Health, Code Enforcement, Building, and Planning departments.

Report an Environmental Health Problem

The Nevada County Environmental Health Department responds to a variety of concerns, issues, and complaints from the public. We respond to concerns about environmental conditions at restaurants, temporary food facility events (street fairs, festivals, etc.), public swimming pools, and other public facilities. We will 

Use our Service Request Tool online to file a report with the Nevada County Environmental Health Department.

Illegal Dumping

To report illegal dumping of solid waste on County roads, County right-of-ways, or County easements, call: 
Illegal Dumping Hotline at 530-265-7111. 
You can leave a message if calling outside of business hours and we will respond on the next business day.

Hazardous Material Incident

To report a Hazardous Material Incident during normal business hours, call:
Normal Business Hours: 530-265-1778. 
After-hour incidents: 530-265-7880.
This will allow you to report to the Sheriff's dispatch and your information will be forwarded to the Environmental Health on-call staff person. For all emergencies call 911.

Lead Concern

Exposure to lead commonly comes from construction work on older buildings, though may also be present in household objects. If you observe unsafe work practices that may cause exposure to lead or have concerns about household objects, please report them to Environmental Health using our Service Request Tool.

Code Compliance

A code compliance complaint can be filed with the Nevada County Code Compliance Division for abandoned vehicles, building code violations, and the accumulation of trash on private property.

File a Code Compliance Complaint.

Air Quality Concern/Issue

Please contact Northern Sierra Air Quality Management District.
Northern Field Office: 530-832-0102
Main Office (Grass Valley): 530-274-9360
Or their website at