Solid Waste

The Solid Waste Division of Public Works Department oversees garbage disposal, recycling services, and transfer station operations throughout Nevada County. The Division also oversees the maintenance of the closed landfills.

McCourtney Transfer Station Traffic Camera

Please keep in mind that the transfer station is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.  The busiest traffic days at the transfer station are typically Wednesdays and Sundays. This webcam refreshes every 5 minutes - refresh the page for the most up-to-date picture

Transfer Station Rates and Information:

Recycling Facilities Map (PNG)

Recycling Facilities Map & Recycling Resources

Use our Recycling Facilities interactive map to find out where the different recycling facilities are located throughout Nevada County. To learn more about recycling in Nevada County, visit the Recycling Resources page.

Waste Management

Waste Management

Waste Management operates the McCourtney Road Transfer Station, North San Juan and Town of Washington rural transfer stations and recycling programs in Nevada County.

Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal

Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal

Tahoe Truckee Sierra Disposal (TTSD) serves Eastern Nevada County with trash and recycling services for both residential and commercial customers.

Garbage Collection Services in Nevada City, Grass Valley, and Truckee

Garbage Collection Services in Nevada City, Grass Valley & Truckee

If you live in one of Nevada County's incorporated cities, you can find information about your garbage collection services.



California's Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery helps bring together the state's recycling and waste management programs.

Solid and Hazardous Waste Commission

Solid & Hazardous Waste Commission

The Solid and Hazardous Waste Commission assists the County in the management of solid and hazardous waste and recycling programs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers to questions about Solid Waste services, illegal dumping, and more.

Road Maintenance

Report a Solid Waste Concern

Report a solid waste concern. For Illegal Dumping, please use our Illegal Dumping Hotline - (530)265-7111. Illegal Dumping requests pertain only to County Maintained Roads. Services are not provided for private roads or private property.